Are you aware of the below mentioned terms. Does any of the following make sense to you?
- Search engine Marketing
- Search engine optimization
- Pay per click
- Social media marketing
If it does not, then it’s about time that you brush up on the search engine terms and phrases. It will help you in discussing your online marketing practices and plans. Digital marketing is the future, so you must know these terms and what they could mean for your online business.
- Search engine marketing: It is basically promotion of the website and increasing the search engine visibility of the website. It is done with the help of advertising and website optimization. Search engine marketing is a comprehensive term and search engine optimization (both off-page and on-page), pay per click, social media marketing, etc. are all a part of SEM.
- Search engine optimization: Search engine optimization is a procedure to increase the website visibility and search engine ranking. These techniques are used to increase the search engine traffic. The more often a website or a web page appears in search engine query results the more web traffic it will attract. Search engine optimization is not a paid activity.
- Pay per click: Advertisers pay the search engine or the publisher when a user clicks on the advertised ad, in the Pay per click advertising model. You can create ad campaigns on Google with the help of Google Adwords. Advertisers offer/bid the amount they are ready to pay, each time a search engine user clicks on the ad.
- Social Media marketing: Social media marketing is the process to create a huge, appealing and engaging presence on social media websites. The intention behind the social media activities is to create customer relations and build brand loyalty. This helps in increasing search engine traffic as well. Most common networking websites are Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Google+.
- Content Marketing: This refers to attracting more visitors to the website with the help of comprehensive, well researched, valuable content. The idea is to create brand consciousness and retain reader’s attention. The idea behind content marketing is to create content that spreads like fire, compelling visitors to visit your website again and again.
- Keyword: Keyword is basically the search query used by users looking for something on the web. For example you are looking for ladies shoes, your search query can be branded ladies shoes, cheap ladies shoes, leather ladies shoes etc.In case you type branded ladies shoes in Google search box, Google will use this phrase to determine which indexed page is the most appropriate and will provide appropriate information for your query.You must choose the most competitive keyword for your business that will fetch you maximum search engine traffic. This you can do with the help of Google Adword Keyword tool.
- Search engine result pages: When you search for something on search engines, the results that are displayed are called Search Engine results. The results that appear on the top of the search engine query are the high ranking websites.